Climate of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India Average Weather
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu, india, 13°0'N, 80°11'E, 16 m (51 ft)
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months, no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Chennai, Tamil Nadu is close to the tropical dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 28.8 degrees Celsius (83.8 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1541 mm (60.7 in).
- Annual sunshine averages 2716 hours.
- If Chennai, Tamil Nadu were situated on the opposite side of the world what would the climate be like? Follow this link to find the nearest location on ClimaTemps.com!
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India - 528 kms (328.1 miles) NNW
- Belgaum (Sambre), India - 678 kms (421.3 miles) WNW
- Goa, India - 739.6 kms (459.6 miles) WNW
- Bangalore, India - 281.7 kms (175.1 miles) W
- Mangalore, Karnataka, India - 578.2 kms (359.3 miles) W
- Kozhikode, India - 516.4 kms (320.9 miles) WSW
- Pamban, India - 426.5 kms (265 miles) SSW
- Thiruvananthapuram, India - 613.9 kms (381.5 miles) SW
- Trivandrum, Kerala, India - 613.9 kms (381.5 miles) SW
- Puttalam, Sri Lanka - 553.6 kms (344 miles) S
- Colombo, Sri Lanka - 679.2 kms (422 miles) S