| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Chennai, Tamil Nadu in January is fairly hot at 24.6 °C (76.28 °F).
- Afternoons can be very hot with average high temperatures reaching 28.8 °C (83.8 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally warm with an average low of 20.4 °C (68.7 °F).
- The average diurnal temperature range/ variation in January is 8.4 °C (15.1 °F).
- The weather in January is somewhat parched with infrequent rain. A paltry 27mm (1.1in) of water is deposited during an average of 3 days.
- The heavens above Chennai, Tamil Nadu are quite sunny having on balance a respectable 8:36 of bright solar radiation per day.
- The shortest day is 11:21 long and the longest day is 11:32 long with an average length of 11:26.
- There are approximately 2:42 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 76% of daylight hours and cloudy 24% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Chennai, Tamil Nadu January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Chennai, Tamil Nadu:
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India - 528 kms (328.1 miles) NNW
- Belgaum (Sambre), India - 678 kms (421.3 miles) WNW
- Goa, India - 739.6 kms (459.6 miles) WNW
- Bangalore, India - 281.7 kms (175.1 miles) W
- Mangalore, Karnataka, India - 578.2 kms (359.3 miles) W
- Kozhikode, India - 516.4 kms (320.9 miles) WSW
- Pamban, India - 426.5 kms (265 miles) SSW
- Thiruvananthapuram, India - 613.9 kms (381.5 miles) SW
- Trivandrum, Kerala, India - 613.9 kms (381.5 miles) SW
- Puttalam, Sri Lanka - 553.6 kms (344 miles) S
- Colombo, Sri Lanka - 679.2 kms (422 miles) S