| < May >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Chennai, Tamil Nadu in May is very, very hot at 32.9 °C (91.22 °F).
- Afternoons can be severely hot with average high temperatures reaching 38 °C (100.4 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally hot with an average low of 27.7 °C (81.9 °F).
- In May there is a variation/ range of daily average temperatures of 10.3 °C (18.5 °F).
- The weather in May is dry with infrequent rain. A mere 39mm (1.5in) of water accrues across an average of 3 days.
- The skies in Chennai, Tamil Nadu are moderately sunny with on balance a respectable 8:23 of radiant sunlight per day.
- The shortest day is 12:34 long and the longest day is 12:49 long with an average length of 12:42.
- There are approximately 4:12 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 66.6% of daylight hours and cloudy 33.4% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Chennai, Tamil Nadu May averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for May in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Navigate to May Weather in Locations Surrounding Chennai, Tamil Nadu:
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India - 528 kms (328.1 miles) NNW
- Belgaum (Sambre), India - 678 kms (421.3 miles) WNW
- Goa, India - 739.6 kms (459.6 miles) WNW
- Bangalore, India - 281.7 kms (175.1 miles) W
- Mangalore, Karnataka, India - 578.2 kms (359.3 miles) W
- Kozhikode, India - 516.4 kms (320.9 miles) WSW
- Pamban, India - 426.5 kms (265 miles) SSW
- Thiruvananthapuram, India - 613.9 kms (381.5 miles) SW
- Trivandrum, Kerala, India - 613.9 kms (381.5 miles) SW
- Puttalam, Sri Lanka - 553.6 kms (344 miles) S
- Colombo, Sri Lanka - 679.2 kms (422 miles) S